Friday, September 11, 2009

Hello World!

Hi everybody and welcome to the RWS HR blog! Through this blog, I hope that you will get to know our HR team a little better and find out what goes on behind the scenes to build up our fast-expanding RWS family.

I'm sure I've met some of you before, either when we chatted at career fairs or when I presented at recruitment talks. My main responsibility at RWS is to help in planning the resort-wide recruitment strategy, which comprises partnering organisations to bring in our talent pool all the way to the details of logistics planning for recruitment events. If you see me at future recruitment events, please feel free to ask me questions or just say hi!

I joined RWS because I wanted to be in the centre of the action and buzz of creating this Sentosa IR. So far, I have not been disappointed. Things move very fast around here so that definitely keeps me on my toes. I'm constantly challenged to come up with solutions for situations that I've never encountered before, and flexibility is my new middle name. Honestly, I never imagined that Shrek would one day be my colleague or that I'd be learning the rules of pai gow on my lunch break (all in the name of work, of course).

As many of you know by now, RWS will be opening in early 2010. By the end of the year, we plan to be 8,000-strong! In order to track down the best possible team members, we participated in several major career fairs, which include Career & Education 2009 and our June recruitment drive at Suntec.

We also recently concluded August walk-in interviews for our operational positions, which saw almost 16,000 job seekers persevering in the long lines and all sorts of tropical weather tribulations. We'd like to take this time to thank everyone that stopped by and for your very overwhelming interest to be part of RWS.

For those that didn't secure an interview during the August 22 or 23 walk-in interview sessions, we are in the process of conducting interviews and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven't heard from us after two months, we encourage you to seek out other job opportunities either in RWS or other organisations. If you are still awaiting the results of your interviews and/or offer letters, do be patient with us. We are processing thousands of applications/offers every week and working as fast as we can!

Meantime, keep your eyes and ears peeled for available job opportunities that are constantly updated on our RWS careers page (www.rwsentosa.com/careers). Also, come join us at any of our recruitment talks that are organised through our partners and various institutions & corporations. On September 30 at 1:30pm, we will be presenting at e2i’s Integrated Resorts industry preview (www.e2i.com.sg to register and for more information). Come say hi!

See you soon.

Karen.

1 comment:

  1. hii hii. i received u guys call at around sept. u guys said tat im comfirm and will call me back to ansure me the date n time for signing some documents. bt will nw. i still have not received u guys call. i jux wan to ansure. am i still selected nt.

    ReplyDelete